Types of highlighter
Highlighter is one of the most remarkable products in our makeup bags. It comes in different colors and forms, it can be dry and liquid, but there is one thing common for every high-end and cost-friendly highlighter - it is an amazing capability to make our skin look fit and glowing with little to no effort. There are many ways to wear a highlighter on your body and face, most of them offer different highlighting effects on the skin. In today’s, we are going to discuss types of highlighters and how to use them on your skin.
Types of makeup highlighters
There are sticks, cream, liquid, dry, and gloss highlighting products. Cream highlighters may come in squeezable tubes like tubes that are similar to lip glosses, skin moisturizers with sponge-applicator inside. One of the key ingredients in the cream highlighter is a moisturizing part that gives it a creamy, subtle texture. You would not find the application of cream highlighter puzzling and it is simple to blend it on the skin with fingers.
Stick highlighters, on the other hand, are strong because they contain paraffin or bees wax in the formula. They come in a twistable shape just like a crayon and can be used directly to the skin. For excellent outcomes, you can smooth the highlighter on the skin with a finer. The warmth of the skin will support to melt the stick highlighter for smoother, excellent outcome.
Dry makeup highlighters can come in 2 key states: pressed highlighters (similar to eyeshadows and face powders) or loose highlighters (translucent and pigments face powders). Dry highlighters are a bit difficult to job with, they are not as a subtle as cream highlighters and may emphasize dry skin texture. As an outcome, it is excellent to use dry highlights on well-moisturized skin, with no fine lines and dry patches. The key ingredients in dry highlighters are the well-known reflective particles, which can be made from very little glass-type compounds like natural mineral mica, and the Calcium sodium Borosilicate. Some may also contain a moderate amount of sheer pigments.
The next highlighters come in liquid shape. Generally, a liquid highlighter comes in a plastic or glass bottle with a unique dropper. One of the key ingredients in liquid highlighters is perfect oil, which simply absorbs into the skin, leaving the surface highlighted with shimmer. This highlighter may demand some blending, but this item is one of the top choices for dry skin types combined with a cream highlighter. Some liquid highlighters may appear in form of makeup setting sprays and glowing face mists.
The final product, which I want to mention, is face gloss. Definitely, it is not a regular highlighter in its general meaning, but it would not be fair to reject this amazing makeup product fully. Makeup gloss is similar to lip gloss, it generally comes in the same packaging, though it has a pretty different non-sticky formula. This kind of highlighter should be used only with sheer, liquid foundations and with no powder.
How to apply a highlighter?
· You can use highlighter in a different way: Combine in a few drops with your moisturizer of choice for an all-over, radiant glow, or use it after your foundation with a makeup brush to cover areas you would love to glow.
· Begin at the inside corners of your eyes to open them up, and then sweep them under the arch of your brows to define and lift your brow bone.
· Next, highlight the tops of the cheekbones, blending the highlighter right up to the temples. You can also apply a highlighter to your cupid’s bow, which will provide you the illusion of bigger lips.
How to get the best from your specs?
To highlight and get the best of your specs, use these handy tips:
· Highlight your lips: Used under lipstick, this will make volume and dimension to your lips. Highlighter blended into the cupids bow and centre of the lips and make this effect.
· Highlight your eyes: This will quickly light up your eyes and provide a brow-lifting effect
· Highlight the bridge o your nose: This will permit your nose to look narrower
How to blend?
Blending your highlighter makes a quick radiant and even-toned look to the skin. Once you have highlighted the areas of your face, go over each part by buffing the item into your skin using a buffing brush. Use gentle circular motions over your face and watch your makeup blend charmingly. This will make a perfect feel and look, instead of looking like makeup has been layered on top of your skin.
How to pick the right highlighter?
The highlighter should be picked according to the type of beauty:
· Women with a chill skin tone have light competition and blue eyes and look flattering in navy blue, black, burgundy, and purple clothes. Those ladies should pick a highlighter with golden flecks.
· Ladies with a hot tone are brunettes and blondes that look remarkable in bright colors. Ladies with the hot type of skin should reach for a highlighter with silver particles. If we are not convinced to continue highlighter, pick a mixed cosmetic.
1. Do you need to fix the highlighter with powder?
No, ideally, you must not since that can reduce the highlighting effect. If have oily skin and are keen on setting the creamy base, go ahead and seal it in location with a powder highlighter.
2. Can you combine highlighter with your moisturizer?
Yes, definitely, you can perform this irrespective of wearing makeup or not. Change your simple and everyday wear moisturizer into an illuminating cream without hesitating about extra shimmer and shine or dehydration too. You can perform this with both body and face moisturizers.
3. Can you use a liquid highlighter without foundation?
Yes, definitely, it is a remarkable way to include a dash of radiance to your visage without looking too over the head. Anyway, this may not match mixture and oily skin types.
You may also like: