Best highlighter for mature skin
Highlighter has become hugely famous in the past few years, adding a fully new category to complexion makeup. It is meant to give your face a fresh, dewy glow, but some highlighters are very smeared glitter on your face. The key is to look for one that has a super-fine micro-shimmer so you can glow and build your skin – a less-is-more prominent approach here.
Which higher will match my skin tone?
We are all about embracing the new trends and putting your spin on them, so if you feel like wearing a rainbow highlighter or one that looks like it is produced from real gold then glow for it! But if you are looking for a highlighter to complement your skin shade then forever go by our rule of thumb:
For pale and medium skin tones: Peachy and champagne shades work excellent – think rose gold too
For olive and dark skin tones: Gold and Bronze shades are your best friends
Types of highlighters
Mature highlighters come in powder, cream, and liquid formulas.
· Cream highlighters tend to be the most practical-looking because you use them with your fingers and it melts onto your skin.
· Liquid and powder highlighters tend to sit on top – that is not a bad thing; it just means that it is clearer
· Shimmery bronzers work remarkably as a highlighter, applied sparingly on the top points of the face or just on the cheekbones – not as an all-over color
Bear in mind that items labeled highlighter are usually used for targeting a specific area, while items labeled illuminator tend to be more buildable and are meant to provide you glowing skin all over.
How to pick the best highlighter for mature skin
§ If you are in your 40s or 50s, look for a mature highlighter with a creamy constancy. This makes sure perfect application and the right blend-ability without tugging your skin. That said, there is no serious rule that says you have to stick to a cream or liquid formula. You could go for a powder highlighter with a soft texture that does not settle into your fine wrinkles or lines.
§ We are sure a lot of you are alert that besides your skin type, it is vital to consider your skin tone as well. If certain highlighter shades look grey, ashy, or took dark on your skin, it is not the best color for you. While shades like peach and pink look amazing on light to medium complexion, ladies with darker skin tones could try bronze or copper.
§ You would not want a highlighter that creases or cakes. That is why forever look for a highlighter that has the best-staying powder. Some formulas are water-resistant, which is remarkable if you want your highlighter to stay put without smudging during humidity or rain.
§ You could also go for products with anti-aging vitamins, ingredients, and antioxidants that help slow down the aging process and keep your skin nourished.
How to use a highlighter for mature women over 50?
Here are a few tips to bear in mind when applying a highlighter.
1) If you have fine lines and wrinkles under and around your eyes, reject applying the highlighter too near to your eyes as it may settle into the lines and improve them.
2) Apply a highlighter on the inside corners of your eyes to make you look more fresh and awake.
3) If you have droopy or crepey eyelids, you can altogether reject applying it on your brow bone.
4) When highlighting the bridge of your nose, forever begin from the top of your nose and glide it along the bridge to the tip of your nose. Bear in mind to use a little amount of product and a light band.
5) When applying on your chin or forehead, forever use a light band.
Where to apply highlighter on your face
Where to use a highlighter depends on your facial features and face shape. Apply highlighter to the high points of your face, or anywhere off of which light naturally reflects, cheekbones tops, the center of your skin, the brown bone, the cupids bow, the center of your forehead, the tip of your nose, and sometimes even on the nose bridge. Experiment with applying mature highlighters to different areas until you find the best highlighter placement for your face.
How to remove the highlighter off the face?
1) Removing mature highlighter is much like removing any other makeup item.
2) First, message a cleaner on your face and let it sit for a few seconds. Then, use a white wet cotton washcloth to wipe off the cleanser along with the makeup. Continue to wipe until you view that all the makeup is removed.
3) Highlighter used on your brow and eyelid and brow bones might be pretty tricky to take off. You could use cleansing oil and use a little amount of it on your brows and lids.
4) Also, massage it all over your face to ensure there is no makeup residue left behind. Once performed, use a flat cotton pad, include a little cleansing oil on it, and glide it over the surface to pull off the color.
How to find the best mature highlighter
The best highlighter formula for you will depend on the face makeup routine. Skin type will definitely dictate your product's choice: liquid formulas are usually preferred by those with mature or dry skin, since the product would not pile up in fine lines. Pick a Banffee highlighter shade that complements your natural skin tone and undertone for an extra natural glow.
Highlighter is a must-have for mature or dry skin. It is one of those makeup items that can quickly provide your skin with a youthful glow and a fit-looking appearance. It can take years off your face by diminishing discoloration, wrinkles and dark circles. From creams to powders, sticks to compact, these are many highlighters for mature skin. All you have to perform is pick the best formula based on your skin type and tone.
HEY, LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!
If you have any questions about our products or services, feel free to reach out to customer service team.