How to Get a Perfectly Blended Matte Lipstick Look?
Matte lipstick is all the rage right now. It gives a trendy and subtle finish to your lips, which makes it perfect for both day and night. However, it also requires some effort to get the perfect blend to make sure that the lips don’t look too dry or cakey. In this article, we will discuss how you can get the perfect matte lipstick look with a blend that can last all day.
Prepping the Lips
Before we discuss the blending process, it is essential to prepare the lips for a smooth and vibrant finish. Matte lipsticks tend to dry out the lips, so it’s important to give them some TLC beforehand. Here is how to do it:
- Exfoliate your lips to get rid of any dead skin cells. You can use a range of exfoliation products from lip scrubs, exfoliating tools, or even a washcloth to gently rub your lips in circular motions.
- Moisturize your lips to make sure they don’t dry out before applying matte lipstick. Use a lip balm or a hydrating lip treatment before applying any product. Wait for a few minutes so that the lip balm can be absorbed before putting on any matte lipstick.
- Apply a lip primer to smooth out the surface of your lips and help the lipstick cling to your lips better. It also prevents the lipstick from smudging or fading quickly.
Choosing the Right Shade
Once you have prepped your lips, the next step is to choose the right shade that suits your skin tone. When choosing a shade, it is essential to consider your skin tone, undertone, and the occasion.
- Skin Tone: People with cool skin tones can opt for shades like coral, pink, red, and mauve. If you have a warm skin tone, try shades like orange, peach, brown, and nude.
- Undertone: People with a cool undertone can wear shades with blue or purple undertones, while those with a warm undertone can opt for warmer shades with yellow or orange undertones.
- Occasion: Keep in mind the occasion. For a casual look, you can opt for nude shades or light pinks. For a formal event, opt for red or dark plum shades.
Applying Matte Lipstick
Now that your lips are prepped and you have chosen your shade, it’s time to apply the lipstick. Here is how to apply it perfectly:
- Use a lip liner to outline the lips. It also helps to prevent the lipstick from bleeding outside the lips.
- Apply the matte lipstick with a lip brush or straight from the tube. Start from the center of the lips and work your way outwards to the corners. For a more precise application, use a lip brush as it allows more control.
- For an even application, apply the first coat of matte lipstick, then blot it with a tissue. This step will help to remove any excess product.
- Apply the second layer of matte lipstick, making sure to fill in any gaps and create a smooth look. Blot again if necessary.
- Use a concealer or foundation to tidy up the edges of the lips and make the lipstick look sharp.
Blending Matte Lipstick
Now comes the most crucial step, blending the matte lipstick to create a natural and vibrant finish. Here are some tips to get the perfect matte blend:
- Use a Lip Brush: Lip brushes allow more precision and control when blending the lipstick. It’s also ideal for people who wear bold and vibrant shades. Start by blending outwards from the center of the lips towards the corners. Repeat the process on both upper and lower lips.
- Use Your Finger: If you prefer a softer and more natural look, you can use your finger to blend the matte lipstick. Start by dabbing your finger on the center of your lips then blend it outwards. This method is suitable for people who wear light or nude shades.
- Use Tissue: Another trick to get a perfectly blended matte lipstick look is to use a tissue. Once you have applied the lipstick, place a tissue over your lips, then use a fluffy brush to dust some translucent powder over the tissue.
- Use a Cotton Bud: Use a cotton bud to clean and blend the edges after applying the lipstick. It helps to remove any excess lipstick and gives the lips a clean and natural finish.
- Use Lip Gloss: If you want to give your matte lipstick a more natural finish, you can apply a tiny bit of lip gloss over the lipstick. It provides a glossy finish, keeping your lips hydrated and supple.
In conclusion, achieving the perfect blend for matte lipstick requires some effort and technique, but with the right tools and practice, it can make a big difference to your overall look. By following the above steps, you can achieve a perfectly blended matte lipstick look that lasts all day and night..